Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Gratitude, again!

It has been over 2 years since I last posted to this blog!  If it wasn't for one of my friends ~  thank you Julie~ I may have continued my hiatus.
I had my yearly visit with Dr. Greenwald last week & was thrilled when he smiled his big smile at me & said " 3.5 years Cancer Free , you are doing G R E A T!" "Your labs are perfect, you look & feel great, I am thrilled with our outcome!".   He confirmed what I had been feeling. I feel "on top of the world"!
         Of course, it is the time of year for reflection....  and, so it goes......
I am so full of gratitude & blessed beyond measure. I am beyond proud of Rosalie, who appears to love her job working in "the industry" in LA,  Theo, who is finishing his finals for his first half of Sophmore year at Reed College (in Physics!)   Susan, who continues to be the most amazing partner & source of strength!   Bodhi & Luka, who love us unconditionally & complete our cozy home with their canine charm.  A job, that I absolutely love & still manages to surprise & humble me daily.   Good friends, who make me smile constantly.
        And, yet.........  I have two friends who begin their journey today with CANCER. Both of them start Chemo on this very day.  It is this very fact that not only humbles me, but allows me to acknowledge my blessings and be reminded that I do NOT take any of this for granted.   I treasure each and every day, my family ( including Dee & Stan now living in SB),our home, our garden~ thank you honey!) An amazing trip to Europe, an incredible time in Ptown,  great friends,   my job, the beautiful place in which I live, the music that I listen to while walking that puts a smile on my face & a "kick" in my step,  Great movies (The Sessions , Silver Linings Playbook, Argo, etc)  Downton Abbey, Homeland, David Chang's "Mind of a Chef", Great food & wine,  beautiful sunrises, amazing sunsets,  the moon rise, the winter sky full of stars,  fun texts, Facebook, & Green Juice!
          I send heartfelt blessings to these two friends who begin this journey today (& those that may follow) ~  May this journey be quick, pain free, & full of love & support for you both!
           May this Winter/ Holiday bring all of YOU (us!) Peace, time with those we love,  joy & Abundance ~    Blessings,  Sydney

2 comments:

  1. Such a blessing to share this village with you, our (living, breathing, gorgeous)family angel!!!xoxoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy for your wonderful news from Dr. G! As I always say about you - you are a force to be reckoned with my friend!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete